This project-based course will practically guide participants on how to use OLGA in design, during conceptual studies, feasibility studies and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and also to solve different operational flow assurance challenges.
Progress will be made from gaining understanding of OLGA Graphical User Interface (GUI) to running basic transient models.
Dummy projects will be used to practically coach participants how to predict process response to start up, ramp-up, turndown, pipeline shutdown, depressurization/blowdown well shut-in etc.
Participants will understand methods of identifying flow assurance risks and their mitigation/remediation, managing liquid and hydrate, performing slugging analysis, surge volume determination and much more.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Build and run basic OLGA models
- Use OLGA software to perform case studies/parametric analysis
- Perform pigging analysis
- Predict flow assurance challenges and propose remediation or mitigation plans
- Manage operational challenges with OLGA software
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to flow assurance with OLGA
- OLGA GUI and fluid handling in OLGA
- Extracting pipeline profiles from pipeline alignment sheets for use in OLGA software.
- Building and running transient models.
- Slugging analysis in OLGA.
- Liquid and hydrate management using OLGA.
- Pigging analysis
- Separator and control systems modelling in OLGA.
- Project-based analysis of operational scenarios including start up, ramp-up, turndown, pipeline shutdown, cool down, depressurization/blowdown etc
- Surge volume determination for slug catcher sizing
- Flow assurance engineers
- Pipeline engineers
- Process engineers
- Anyone desiring to gain deeper understanding of flow assurance with OLGA
- Option 1: Weekends (4 Saturdays, 8am to 7pm)
- Option 2: Weekdays (5 days – 8am to 5pm)
Course Level: Introductory/Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N700,000
This course is not scheduled
Download course brochure