This course is designed to enable participants learn how to build and run transient models with SPS, perform modelling of Drag Reducing Agents (DRA) and recommend quantity for specific operation.
Particular focus will be given to surge analysis with SPS and recommending surge mitigating requirements whenever the Maximum Allowable Surge Pressure (MASP) is exceeded per ASME B31.4. Sizing of Surge Relief Valves (SRV) and recommendation of installation locations will be covered as well.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Build and run transient models using SPS
- Model Pumps efficiently and analyse their operations
- Model controllers, actuators, relays, sensors and connection in SPS
- Analyse DRA curves and perform DRA modelling
- Perform surge analysis and recommend surge mitigating strategies
Course Content Summary
- Understanding SPS Graphical User Interface
- Information required for transient modelling.
- Fluid properties and Equations of State (EoS) in SPS
- Pipeline profile details
- Understanding the use of codes and formulas in INTRAN to make for efficient modelling in SPS
- Modelling pumps and control system
- Tips and tricks in transient modelling
- Model debottlenecking
- Use of Model lab
- Use of Simplot and Viewport to analyse results.
- Modelling Drag Reducing Agents (DRA)
- Modelling surge causing events e.g. valve closure, pump trip, jump over/pipeline isolation etc.
- Surge analysis and mitigation options
- Flow assurance engineers
- Pipeline engineers
- Process engineers
- Simulation engineers
- Previous SPS users that want to improve their skills
- Option 1: Weekends (4 Saturdays, 8am to 7pm)
- Option 2: Weekdays (5 days – 8am to 5pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Info : This course is not scheduled
MODE OF PAYMENT
We recommend that you select the most convenient payment option for you
How can i find out if a course i want is available ?
We have ensured to list our most popurlar courses online, However our trainers are specialists who can deliver trainings in most subjects . To find out if we can cover the course you need, please contact us at [email protected] to discuss your requirements.
I have found the course I want. How can I register ?
You can register by downloading your desired course brochure located on each course page and adding your desired course to cart to complete your registeration. Another easy way to register is to call our customer care team on +1 437-886-4561.
Who Delivers Our Courses?
Our team of trainers are are not only certified training professionals, but are extensively experienced in their chosen training field. To learn more about our trainers, visit Our Team Page.
Are all of our courses certified?
Yes, all our courses are certified and we offer certification on completion of our courses .
What is the standard class size for registered participants ?
Our scheduled courses have a maximum number of 6-10 participants. This allows us to give everybody the attention they need and to customise content to address particular needs as much as possible. However for bespoke training, the minimum and maximum number of participants is flexible and can be structured according to your specific goals. Contact us
on [email protected] to discuss your requirements.
I am ready to register, but have some questions about my course
For more information regarding your desired course ,Kindly contact us by sending us an email on [email protected] or by phone on +1 437-886-4561. We’ll be happy to answer any question you may have.
How will I know if my registration is confirmed?
Once you have completed your registration and payment, we will send you confirmation by email. This will include your course details (dates, location,times), a receipt of payment and any additional course information you need.
What is our refund or cancellation Policy ?
Please see our Terms and Conditions for our refund and cancellation policy.
Can i pay in any currency ?
Yes, we have available payment options depending on your location ,please click the mode of payment button to find out the payment option available for your location.
40 Hours Course Duration
Competitive research experience
Sessions of Positioning Workshops & Presentations
Case Studies & Practical Exercises
Successful Application Of Course Objectives
Video Sessions & General Discussions
Certificate On Course Completion