The design and drafting of piping systems constitutes a fundamental part of any Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) project. This course provides an overview of piping fundamentals and good engineering practices applied for preparation of piping drawings.
Participants will understand what is required from a piping engineering designer in EPC projects and how to deliver design drawings at different project phases.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of piping engineering as related to EPC projects.
- Understand the requirements from piping designer in EPC projects.
- Liaise with other disciplines during engineering projects.
- Apply CAD standards common to piping drafting
- Develop the professional skills to work with lead piping designer and piping engineers
- Produce different piping design deliverables at different project stages
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Fundamentals to piping engineering
- Overview of international codes and standards
- Various industries & drafting requirements
- Piping designers’ role in EPC projects
- Professional relationship with piping engineer/lead piping designer in EPC projects
- Fundamentals & concepts of piping design & drafting
- Overview of process drawings (PFD, UFD & P&ID)
- Preparation of isometric drawings using AutoCAD
- Plot plan development using AutoCAD
- Detailing of pipe rack
- Piping support design
- Development of equipment & piping layouts using AutoCAD
- Preparation of nozzle orientation
- Design of piping general arrangement (GA) using AutoCAD
- Preparation of as-built drawings
- Piping designers
- Engineer and non-engineers desiring to make a career as piping designers
- Option 1: Weekends (4 Saturdays, 8am to 7pm)
- Option 2: Weekdays (5 days – 8am to 5pm)
Course Level: Introductory
Price (Including VAT): N150,000
This course is not scheduled
Download course Brochure