Process CAD designers are highly sought after in every Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) project. They work closely with process engineers to deliver early fundamental process designs prior to the involvement of other disciplines.
This course provides an overview of process engineering fundamentals and good engineering practices applied for preparation of process drawings.
Participants will understand what is required from a process engineering CAD designer in EPC projects and how to deliver design drawings at different project phases.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of process engineering as related to EPC projects.
- Understand the requirements from process CAD designer in EPC projects.
- Liaise with other disciplines during engineering projects.
- Apply CAD standards common to process drafting
- Develop the professional skills to work with lead process designer and process engineers
- Produce different process design deliverables at different project stages
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Fundamentals to Process Engineering
- Process Designers’ Role in EPC projects
- Various Process Industries & Drafting Requirements
- Professional Relationship with Process Engineer/Lead Process Designer in EPC Projects
- Process/Utility Flow Diagram Basics
- Piping & Instrumentation Engineering (P&ID) Basics
- Introduction to AUTOCAD
- Drafting with AUTOCAD
- Application of AUTOCAD in Process Engineering Design & Drafting
- Process CAD designers
- Engineer and non-engineers desiring to make a career as process CAD designers
- Option 1: Weekends (4 Saturdays, 8am to 7pm)
- Option 2: Weekdays (5 days – 8am to 5pm)
Course Level: Introductory
Price (Including VAT): N150,000
This course is not scheduled
Download course brochure