Engineering disciplines are interdependent in a project and all need to work coherently to meet the project objective. Project engineering and project management play crucial roles in developing, implementing and delivering a successful project.
A project engineer’s responsibilities include schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project. Project managers are responsible for the planning, procurement, and execution of a project.
Participants in this course will learn how to manage project team resources as well as develop extensive project management experience and expertise.
It is expected that because of the in-depth nature of the course, every participant will possess the ability to successfully execute engineering projects.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand project scopes of work and execution plans
- Utilize best engineering practices to manage progress and changes in engineering projects
- Have a sound understanding of how to control engineering project deliverables, work sequence and interfaces
- Identify project risks and how to develop mitigation plans
- Understand the importance and utilization of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in engineering projects and how to monitor them for the overall success of the project.
- Apply learned project management skills to different engineering projects
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Project Engineering and Project definition
- Understanding how an engineering project is initiated
- Project management systems in the oil and gas industry
- Project change management
- Methods and tools in project planning and scheduling
- Project progress measurement
- Cost estimating and control of a project
- Project risk management: techniques and tools
- Mitigating risks during the project life cycle
- Project quality assurance and control
NOTE: The forty (40) hours course contains more topics/details than the fifteen (15) hours course.
Please download detailed brochure or register for your desired training session