The goal of this course is to provide in-depth understanding of Process Instrumentation and Control to process engineers.
At the end of the course, participants will possess comprehensive understanding of industrial field instrumentation and process control devices with emphasis on the types, applications, design specification and operating characteristics.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of process instrumentation and control engineering.
- Identify and understand the characteristics and functions of equipments used in temperature, pressure, level and flow measurement.
- Understand the operation and working principles of control valves and actuators
- Classify and understand the operations of transmitters and controllers
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to process instrumentation & control
- Company standards, international codes and standards
- Process control systems
- Fundaments of controllers
- Pneumatic, electric and digital control loops
- Pneumatic and electric power supply, signal transmission and conversion
- Temperature, pressure, flow and weight, level measurement
- Operating parameters measurement
- Safety instruments
- Control valves and actuators
- Pneumatic transmitters
- Electric and electronic transmitters
- Digital and programmable transmitters
- Process engineers
- Instrumentation & control engineers
- Facility engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8am to 4.30pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8am to 4.30pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N100,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session