This is an advanced process engineering course for engineers with some level of experience in process engineering or students that have taken advantage of the Process Engineering Training. Knowledge and experience obtained in the advanced
process engineering training will enhance participants’ capacity in different process industries including exploration and production, petrochemicals, refining, consultancy etc.
The course is structured to enable students
include different process report templates, sizing calculation spreadsheets and other relevant tools that will make them effective and independent in handling any future
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Handle complex areas of process engineering drawings
- Size different
equipmentsthrough the use of spreadsheets
- Understand report writing principles and techniques
- Understand safety analysis details
- Unravel and become acquainted with thorny process risk analysis/safety studies including HAZOP studies and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) classification.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Detailed analysis of engineering drawings
- Detailed equipment sizing
- Flare System Design, Safety Valve Selection Basis
- Process Optimization and Control
- Intricacies of Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) basics and methods
NOTE: The forty (40) hours course contains more topics/details than the fifteen (15) hours course.