This course is designed to help you develop a full understanding of the nature of valves and how they work for optimum system performance. It covers valve design, applications and principles of operation. Participants will also learn the requirements necessary for the selection of valves.
The course is structured in sequence, starting from basics to detailed discussion of various aspects of valves.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the different types of valves that are commercially available.
- Explain how to select the correct valve for a piping system.
- Identify and avoid problems by selecting the correct valve.
- Explain how to operate and size valves.
- Explain how to predict when cavitation will occur and identify the necessary steps to avoid it.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to mechanical engineering design
- Mechanical engineers’ role in projects
- Categories of valves
- Valve selection criteria
- Application & principles of operation of valves
- Techniques of cavitation control & noise reduction
- Valve design & hydraulic concepts
- ANSI/DN pipe sizes & pressure ratings
- Valve actuators
- Valve sizing
- Mechanical Engineers
- Process engineers
- Reliability engineers
- Project engineers
- Inspection engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
Course Level: Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N 100,000
This course is not scheduled