Many process engineers face challenges in the development of process engineering drawings. In most cases, this stems from inadequate foundational coaching, hence vital components of the process drawings are not understood. Since process engineering drawings are very crucial part of any EPC project, this has resulted in countless document review cycles with attendant projects budget impact.
This hand-on, intensive course is aimed at increasing the competency of process engineers in the development of process engineering drawings. Participants will have an opportunity to become familiar with process plants, process engineer’s responsibilities, process equipment, piping, instrumentation and control components. Proven methods used to provide the process information on the drawings will be highlighted.
Different process systems and project phases will be considered in the training and practical examples from actual projects will be used extensively to illustrate the principles of design.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of process engineering.
- Identify the essential components of the drawings delivered during different stages of EPC project.
- Possess the capacity to prepare different process engineering drawings required during conceptual studies, FEED and detailed engineering design.
- Have the ability to work efficiently with process CAD designers.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to process engineering
- Process engineers’ role in projects
- Company standards, international codes and standards
- Types of engineering project
- Phases of engineering project
- Understanding process engineering report principles
- Process flow diagrams
- Utility flow diagram
- Piping & Instrumentations Diagram (P&ID) design
- P&ID legends details
- Equipment specifications in P&ID
- Control and safety components of P&ID design
- Revisions in process engineering drawing
- Interfacing with other disciplines
- Process engineers
- Piping engineers
- Instrumentation & Control engineers
- Facility engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8AM to 4.30PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8AM to 4.30PM)
Course Level: Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N100,000