Instrumentation and control is the art and science of measurement, monitoring, and control of process variables like pressure, flow, temperature, levels etc to improve safety, efficiency, productivity, reliability, and stability.
Instrumentation and control engineers play major roles in all the fields where there is a need for automation.
This course is designed to accelerate the development of graduate engineers with an interest in Instrumentation and Control. During the course, instrumentation and control engineering principles are applied to different industrial processes to enable participants to understand and learn the design and operation of associated facilities.
Detailed attention will be given to ensure participants achieve greater confidence in the execution of Instrumentation and Control deliverables in EPC projects.
It is expected that at the end of the course, trainees will acquire a detailed knowledge of Distributed Control System (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and SCADA systems
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the major concepts of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Understand the functions and design of field measurement devices, final control elements and actuators, pressure relief and regulators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Safety Instrumented System (SIS).
- Professionally handle Instrumentation & Control engineering design during conceptual, FEED, detailed design and follow-on engineering stages of the engineering project.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering Overview and Scope
- Process Control and Principles
- Design Specifications of Instrument
- P&ID Legend and ISA Symbols
- Instrument Tags
- Loop and Logic Diagrams
- Preparation of Instrumentation and Control Philosophy
- Cause and Effect Drawings
- SAFOP/HAZOP Meetings
- Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- PLC and DCS
NOTE: The forty (40) hours course contains more topics/details than the fifteen (15) hours course.
Please download detailed brochure or register for your desired training session