To function effectively as a drilling engineer, a sound working knowledge of drilling fluid is compulsory.
This course is designed to give participants a thorough understanding of the functions of drilling fluids, mud engineering and solids control.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize types of drilling fluids and their functions.
- Understand drill bit selection concepts.
- Know the methods of drilling fluid and tool selection.
- Understand the concept of mud engineering.
- Identify the contaminants of drilling fluids and their prevention.
- Understand how to control solids during drilling operations
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Functions of Drilling Fluids
- Types of Drilling Fluids
- Components and Characteristics of Drilling Fluids
- Drilling Fluids Selection
- Different Constraints in Drilling Fluid Utilization
- Drilling Fluid Contaminants and Prevention
- Mud Engineering
- Solids Control
- Techniques for Minimize Formation Damage
- Drilling Fluids Field Testing: Requirements and Process
- Drilling supervisors
- Drilling engineers
- Tool pushers
- Technical support personnel
- Entry level engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 am to 4.30 pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N 100,000
This course is not scheduled
Download course brochure