This specialized course is aimed at increasing the competency of electrical engineers in the preparation of documents and drawings encountered in the execution of EPC projects.
Participants will be guided systematically to specialize and master the production of the related deliverables during different stages of a project.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of electrical engineering
- Identify different documents and drawings delivered during different stages of EPC project.
- Possess the capacity to prepare different electrical documents and drawings required during conceptual studies, FEED and detailed engineering design.
- Become proficient in the preparation of electrical documents and drawings.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to electrical engineering
- Electrical engineers’ roles and responsibilities & interconnection with other disciplines
- Codes and standards related to electrical engineering
- Electrical design criteria
- Installation & hookup details
- Electrical equipment layout
- Earthing layout & distribution
- Area classification drawings
- Power supply block diagram
- Power distribution block diagram
- Lighting system block diagram
- Single line diagram
- Cable conduit schedules
- Wiring diagrams
- Equipment cost estimates
- Equipment specifications
- Data sheets preparation
- Construction/installation specifications
- Material Take Off (MTO)
- Electrical Engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8AM to 4.30PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8AM to 4.30PM)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N100,000