This course is designed to enable participants to understand modern electrical substations and their importance for the reliable and effective operation of power systems.
Typical engineering issues associated with substation design and engineering will be examined and recommendations for addressing these issues will be provided. All phases of the design will be considered, from site selection, foundation and equipment design up to substation start-up and commissioning.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe all major substation components.
- Understand substation equipment installation options.
- Develop the design scope and identify the constraints for the overall project.
- Be familiar with costs and schedules.
- Understand site grading and foundations design.
- Understand commissioning and start-up of substations.
Course Content Summary
- Introduction to electrical engineering
- Electrical engineers’ roles and responsibilities & interconnection with other disciplines
- Codes & standards related to electrical engineering
- Substation types & purposes
- Overview of the substation design
- Site selection & design
- Permits & environmental issues
- Foundation design
- Substation layout
- Grounding & ground grid design
- Substation structures
- Substation equipment & structures
- Auxiliary equipment & systems
- Protective relaying & control
- Commissioning & start-up of substations
- Electrical engineers
- Electrical technicians
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
Course Level: Advanced
MODE OF PAYMENT
We recommend that you select the most convenient payment option for you
How can i find out if a course i want is available ?
We have ensured to list our most popurlar courses online, However our trainers are specialists who can deliver trainings in most subjects . To find out if we can cover the course you need, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
I have found the course I want. How can I register ?
You can register by downloading your desired course brochure located on each course page and adding your desired course to cart to complete your registeration. Another easy way to register is to call our customer care team on +1 437-886-4561.
Who Delivers Our Courses?
Our team of trainers are are not only certified training professionals, but are extensively experienced in their chosen training field. To learn more about our trainers, visit Our Team Page.
Are all of our courses certified?
Yes, all our courses are certified and we offer certification on completion of our courses .
What is the standard class size for registered participants ?
Our scheduled courses have a maximum number of 6-10 participants. This allows us to give everybody the attention they need and to customise content to address particular needs as much as possible. However for bespoke training, the minimum and maximum number of participants is flexible and can be structured according to your specific goals. Contact us
on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
I am ready to register, but have some questions about my course
For more information regarding your desired course ,Kindly contact us by sending us an email on email@example.com or by phone on +1 437-886-4561. We’ll be happy to answer any question you may have.
How will I know if my registration is confirmed?
Once you have completed your registration and payment, we will send you confirmation by email. This will include your course details (dates, location,times), a receipt of payment and any additional course information you need.
What is our refund or cancellation Policy ?
Please see our Terms and Conditions for our refund and cancellation policy.
Can i pay in any currency ?
Yes, we have available payment options depending on your location ,please click the mode of payment button to find out the payment option available for your location.
15 Hours Course Duration
Competitive research experience
Sessions of Positioning Workshops & Presentations
Case Studies & Practical Exercises
Successful Application Of Course Objectives
Video Sessions & General Discussions
Certificate On Course Completion