This course teaches practical methods necessary for identifying and developing the systems of records management and document control for organizations.
The course will enable each participant to possess the necessary skills required to develop as well as implement a suitable program for managing their organization’s documents, records, and information.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop and implement a records management program for their organizations.
- Acquire document control techniques to identify, secure, protect and retain critical information.
- Apply relevant standards to the management of information.
- Identify risks associated with poor management of information.
- Prepare information asset register.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Essentials of managing organization’s information
- Document control and records management
- Identifying the types, staff & information of an organization
- Information goals for an organization
- Achieving information goals
- Document control specifics
- Records Management specifics
- Identification of documents and records
- Critical information, documents, and records
- Electronic and physical formats
- Storing records
- Characteristics of a document control
- Characteristics of a records management program
- Psychology of filing
- Communication and collaboration
- Creating the information management message
- Knowledge transfer
- Sponsorship and guidance from senior management
- Information management strategy
- Development of a plan to deliver document and records management
- Information asset register
- Document control and records management process plans
- Change management
- Risk and recovery: Disaster prevention and continuity planning
- This course is designed for individuals who manage, or who are involved with, any aspect of document control and records management.
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
Course Level: Introductory
Price (Including VAT): N100,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session
PROVIDE DETAILS & DOWNLOAD COURSE BROCHURE
Please provide your name and email, then get the link to the course brochure