This course will cover the in-depth mechanisms and the main causes of corrosion in the oil and gas production system as well as the monitoring and mitigation methods. It will provide an appropriate balance of necessary theory and practical applications to solve/mitigate corrosion – related problems.
The course content is practically based on a field facilities engineering point of view, as opposed to a more narrowly-specialized corrosion engineering or chemistry viewpoint.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Review approaches used in selecting materials and coatings for corrosion resistance for different conditions and applications
- Identify the corrosion mechanism and estimate / predict the corrosion rate.
- Select and utilize corrosion inhibitors for different corrosion environments.
- Select and apply corrosion monitoring techniques to create an integrated monitoring program
- Evaluate current requirements, and the design principles of simple cathodic protection systems.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- The chemistry and processes of corrosion
- Common types of corrosion in oil & gas industry
- Mechanism of corrosion in oil & gas production systems
- Corrosion control & prevention technologies
- Corrosion monitoring
- Consequences of corrosion
- Materials selection for corrosion prevention
- Production managers
- Corrosion engineers
- Production and processing engineers
- Material engineers
- Reliability engineers
- Operators who like to understand corrosion and its control management
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8am to 4.30pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N 100,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session