The main emphasis of this course is on the proper design and the relevant standards guiding new construction and existing tank inspection, repair and alteration.
It will also cover corrosion evaluation & tank life prediction calculations, tank lifting methods & stress induced on tank shell, roof & corner low pressure storage tanks.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Know the code requirements and appropriately select materials for tank design.
- Describe design and operational aspects of storage tanks.
- Carry out detailed inspection and maintenance programmes /schedules.
- Know how to evaluate tolerance, stress and prevent bottom leaks.
- Define the role of authorized inspector and storage tank engineer.
- Learn how to read inspection reports properly.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Review of codes requirements
- Design for different tank parts
- Material selection for tank design
- Design for internal and external pressure.
- Design for tank foundation
- Tank construction, erection, welding qualification and procedure
- Evaluating and preventing bottom leaks
- Brittle fracture mechanics and considerations
- Testing, tolerances and stress evaluation
- Tank inspection
- Tank stress evaluation
- Definitions of authorized inspector, storage tank engineer
- Existing tank evaluation, inspection, repair, alteration & reconstruction
- Tank repair & alteration requirements
- Corrosion evaluation & tank life prediction calculation
- Tank lifting methods & stress induced on tank shell, roof & corner low pressure storage tanks
- Mechanical Engineers
- Industry personnel responsible for the design, construction, inspection, maintenance, regulatory compliance, or operation of API above ground storage tanks.
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 AM to 4.30 PM)
Course Level: Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N 100,000
This course is not scheduled
Download course brochure (Login First)