Control valves and actuators are utilized in many processes, hence, the proper understanding, design, and operation are crucial to industries. Proper selection of the proper control valve involves a thorough knowledge of the process for which it will be used.
This course will enable participants to gain useful knowledge in the design and operating principles of control valves, actuators, positioners, and related accessories. They will understand the sizing and selection methods for a broad variety of control valve.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of instrumentation and control engineering
- Identify different types of control valves and their benefits
- Select the proper valve characteristic for a given process.
- Understand the operation of the control valve in a control loop
- Choose suitable styles of control valves for an application.
- Identify factors influencing the selection of control valves
- Perform sizing of control valves for different services
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to Instrumentation & Control (I&C) Engineering
- I&C Engineers’ Roles and Responsibilities & Interconnection with other Disciplines
- Codes and Standards
- Types of Valve
- Types & Application Actuators
- Valve Positioners
- Fundamentals of Control Valves
- Control Valve Design in P&ID
- Control valve Characteristics
- Sizing of Control Valve for Gas Service
- Sizing of Control Valve for Liquid Service
- Instrumentation and control engineers
- Process engineers
- Instrumentation field engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8am to 4.30pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8am to 4.30pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N100,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session