Pipeline engineering design consists of the planning and design to ensure asset integrity and continuous/smooth operations of pipelines and associated facilities, both onshore and offshore.
In a more comprehensive way, this course will focus on the practical aspects of pipeline system design to transport hydrocarbons in a cost effective manner. Pipeline engineering theory and the optimization process in design of pipelines will be evaluated utilizing case studies and worked examples.
Participants will gain in-depth understanding of pipeline design philosophy, applicable design standard and how to perform various design calculations.
In this course, participants will be worked through a number of exercises, to boost fast application of knowledge acquired.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an overview of onshore and offshore pipeline engineering design and pipeline engineering scope of work
- Understand the consideration made in the design of pipelines
- Perform various pipeline design calculations based on industry codes and standards.
- Perform pipeline route selection, understand pipeline sizing criteria and materials selection processes
- Understand various failure modes for pipeline
- Determine the appropriate corrosion protection techniques for pipeline design
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to pipeline engineering design, overview of oil and gas transportation systems and roles and responsibilities of Pipeline Engineer
- Typical pipeline project life cycle & planning
- Pipeline route selection, surveying and alignment sheets
- Pipeline size determination for different flow conditions and scenarios
- Pipeline wall thickness calculation
- Pipeline span analysis
- Overview of subsea pipeline systems
- On-bottom stability
- End expansion and spool pieces
- Pipeline insulation requirements and other thermal considerations in design
NOTE: The forty (40) hours course contains more topics/details than the fifteen (15) hours course.
Please download detailed brochure or register for your desired training session