Interior Design is a multi-dimensional profession where creativity and technical solutions are applied in homes to improve the lifestyle of individuals in our contemporary society. It is a 40-hour course that utilizes formal lecture, group discussions, and projects to enable participants to acquire relevant skill and knowledge. The course covers conceptual development, site inspection, space planning, brief-taking/communicating with clients, research, construction management, and design execution.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Students will understand how to document their designs for clients and contractors. Preparing drawings and plans will be demystified.
- Students will begin to understand that drawings will help them to make better and more informed design choices. They will learn the way a set of drawings can help them win a job and to coordinate and manage a project.
- Students will accurately plan a space in a home to meet clients’ needs
- A good set of drawing ensures your great ideas are interpreted correctly. Nothing is more delightful than seeing a design concept spring to life as you’ve imagined it. Knowing how to document your ideas will help to guarantee you this pleasure.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to Interior Design
- History and concept of Interior Design Styles
- Interior Design Processes
- Space Planning and Proportion
- Understanding and using Sketchup
- Interior Designers
- Aspiring Interior Designers
- Architectural graduates
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 am to 4.30 pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (5 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Introductory
Price (Including VAT): N 100,000