This course has been designed to cover the major technical aspects of oil and gas production and processing systems. It is aimed at providing participants with the knowledge and tools to determine the main properties of crude oil, natural gas and the overall production and processing system all the way from the wellhead to the delivery of a specific product.
The participants will learn how to select and evaluate processes and equipment used to meet fluid specifications. The principles for the design of oil and gas production and processing facilities will be covered.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Master gas treatment and liquefaction processes, operations and related operating conditions.
- Discover main operating problems encountered in gas processing and production and related solutions.
- Completely grasp the techniques of oil and gas production.
- Learn about the technology of main equipment and offshore production techniques
- Fully understand the principles of oil, water and gas treatment.
- Comprehend main metering techniques
- Evaluate various problems induced by unwanted elements in natural gas streams.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Oil production & processing overview
- Treatment of produced crude oil
- Water treatment
- Crude dehydration and desalting
- Crude stabilization and sweetening
- Crude oil storage and vapour recovery units
- Metering and crude allocation
- Natural gas properties
- Gas separation system
- Gas dehydration
- Hydrate formation inhibition
- Gas sweetening
- Natural gas liquids (NGL) extraction
- Gas measurement, transportation, and technologies
- Oil processing engineers.
- Surface facilities design engineers.
- Surface facilities operations engineers.
- Gas plant managers and supervisors.
- Engineers who operate or design gas field processing and production facilities.
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 am to 4.30 pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Introductory
Price (Including VAT): N 100,000
This course is not scheduled
Download course brochure