Civil/structural engineering entails planning, analyzing and designing of civil/structural components and systems to achieve design goals and ensure the safety and comfort of users or occupants.
The role of a structural engineer today involves a significant understanding of both static and dynamic loading, and the structures that are available to resist them.
Course participants will be exposed to the theories and concepts of concrete and steel structures design and construction as well as detailed understanding of the role of the civil/ structural design engineer in the development of engineering projects per related codes and standards.
In this course, case studies and end-of-course dummy design project will be utilized to drive home the key learning points and ensure applicability of knowledge acquired.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of civil/structural engineering
- Appreciation of the role of the engineering designer in the development of civil/structural engineering projects
- Produce structural designs that meets safety requirements, applicable codes and standards and aesthetics
- Perform basic risk assessment in civil/structural engineering design.
- Carry out civil/structural calculations during engineering projects
- Know the different civil/structural engineering drawings required in EPC projects and how to prepare them.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Scope and basics of civil/structural engineering and design
- Understanding soil mechanics
- The concept of analysis and loading calculations
- Foundation design and drawings
- Civil and structural specifications
- Stress and failure analysis
- Construction detailing and drawings
- Infrastructural design
- Analysis and design of structures
- Meeting clients expectation in civil/structural engineering design
NOTE: The forty (40) hours course contains more topics/details than the fifteen (15) hours course.
Please download detailed brochure below or register for your desired training session