OVERVIEW OF ICMP
- Helps in evaluating, documenting and managing the data of the corrosion monitoring, fluid analyses, inspection and mitigation plans for the whole pipelines network.
- Uses an integrated unified database for evaluating the results and making recommendations.
- Manages to yield on-time direct impact on the performance of the
overall integrity plan. (Online tracking for the recommended mitigation or maintenance actions).
- ICMP is an essential component of the Overall Pipelines Integrity Plan.
HOW TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL ICMP
- Develop an integrated unified database for documentation, assessment and managing the results of all the field services data to track the progress and optimize the implementation.
- Develop or update the existing corrosion monitoring, fluid analyses, inspection, and mitigation plans.
- Provide specialized personnel to implement and manage this program.
- Review the performance of the ICMP on a continuous basis for overall internal condition assessment for the pipelines network.
The key parameter is the continuous update and feedback between all the internal corrosion activity plans and the unified database to drive, evaluate and optimize the mitigation and the maintenance actions.
ICMP & MITIGATION ACTIONS
- Pipeline pigging, chemical treatment and controlling the process upsets are the keys to the control of internal corrosion and protecting the pipelines.
- Repair or replace is the main action for the highly corroded pipeline sections.
- ICMP drives and optimizes the mitigation and repair actions.
- ICMP has a direct link and tracks for the recommended mitigation and maintenance actions for continuous evaluation and optimization.
- ICMP is a key parameter in the integrity plan of the pipelines network.
- Enhancing the pipelines protection measures, lowering life-cycle costs (minimizes failures, shutdown, repair and replace) and protecting the environment (leaks).
- ICMP components are linked together into an integrated unified database.
- The integrated unified database is the cornerstone to successfully managing the ICMP.