Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determination and the verification on a Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) is a foremost requirement according to international standards.
This course is designed to provide the awareness of Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determination and the knowledge and understanding required to undertake a SIL verification study.
Different Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) will be considered in the course.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and describe the meaning of Safety Integrity Level (SIL).
- Appreciate the concept of failure rate and diagnostics.
- Realize the criticality of defining failure modes.
- Know the modes of operation and associated Target Failures Measures
- Grasp the concept of Probability of Failure on Demand (PFD)
- Account for common cause failures when assessing sub-systems with redundancy.
- Determine and verify Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- The concept of SIL determinations
- Make-up of SIL team
- Understanding Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Risk criteria
- Estimating likelihood
- Failure modes
- Safe failures
- Dangerous failures
- Detected/undetected failures
- Random failures
- Common cause systematic failures
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Independent Protection Layers (IPLs)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- SIL determination methods
- Probability of Failure on Demand (PFD)
- SIL determination
- Requirements for SIL verification
- SIL verifications
- Process plant managers.
- Control and instrumentation engineers.
- Chemical and process engineers.
- Electrical engineers.
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 am to 4.30 pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N 150,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session