This course will focus on process safety management in the oil/gas and other energy-related industries. It will provide an in-depth study of the elements and benefits of process safety management systems.
The tools and techniques for implementing and managing specific systems will be covered as well.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn and interpret process safety-related industrial standards.
- Identify processes applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM) and explain relevant terms used.
- Identify which standards are to be applied for managing process hazards.
- Select appropriate decision making methods and tools to identify process hazards
- Explain the criteria and methods of selecting equipment and safeguarding controls.
- Explain the role of all disciplines and their contribution to the management of potential HSE hazards.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Fundamentals of process safety management
- Process safety management applicable standards
- Roles & contribution of disciplines to the management of hazards
- Process safety management models and tools
- Hazard identification techniques
- Equipment selection criteria & methods for operations
- Risk assessment
- Management of change
- Human factors in PSM
- Application of performance parameters
- Managers – operations, safety, and executive
- Engineers – process, safety and mechanical
- PSM implementation team members and leaders
- Maintenance managers and engineers
- Project managers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 am to 4.30 pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N 150,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session