This specialized course is aimed at increasing the competency of process engineers in the preparation and delivering of process engineering reports which are integral part of many EPC projects.
Participants will be guided systematically by our highly experienced facilitators to understand and apply the principles required to produce these documents. Each deliverable is treated independently so as to provide sound absorption of the required philosophies.
At the end of the course, participants will be given standard report templates that they can use repeatedly for different projects.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of process engineering
- Identify different report delivered during different stages of EPC project.
- Possess the capacity to prepare different process engineering reports required during conceptual studies, FEED and detailed engineering design.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to process engineering
- Process engineers’ role in projects
- Company standards, international codes and standards
- Types of engineering project
- Phases of engineering project
- Understanding process engineering report principles
- Process design basis
- Utility design philosophy
- Isolation philosophy
- Operating philosophy
- Process safeguarding philosophy
- Process control philosophy
- Relief, blowdown & flaring philosophy
- Shutdown philosophy
- Operating & control philosophy
- Operating manual
- HAZOP report
- Process datasheets
- Process engineers
- Facility engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8AM to 4.30PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8AM to 4.30PM)
Course Level: Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N100,000