Per ASME B31.4 standard, this course examines the requirements for safe design, construction, inspection, testing, operation and maintenance of liquid pipeline systems.
Participants will master the requirements for design, constructing, assembling, and inspecting pipelines.
Participants are encouraged to bring a copy of the code to the training session. Participants will understand the application of the code.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the scope and application of the ASME B31.4
- Recognize different loads considered within the B31.4 code
- Identify the design criteria used for different loads
- Understand the operation and maintenance procedures of liquid pipeline systems.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Fundamentals to pipeline engineering
- Introduction to B31.4
- Scope and definitions of B31.4
- Design considerations & criteria
- Pressure design of piping components
- Selection and limitations of piping components
- Selection and limitations of piping joints
- Flexibility, structural attachments, supports and restraints
- Construction, welding, and assembly
- Inspection, examination & testing
- Operation and maintenance procedures
- Pipeline engineers
- Pipeline operators
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 am to 4.30 pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N 100,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session