This course provides a broad knowledge of the technology and work processes used for the structural design of offshore systems.
The course is designed in such a way that participants will have a better grip of the behaviour of offshore structures under a variety of loads and operating conditions.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply key design and construction codes and standards related to structural engineering in general and offshore structures design in particular.
- Identify the key evaluations to be considered in field development
- Recognize the types & functional requirements of offshore structures
- Identify design requirements for offshore structures
- Describe the impact of topside facilities on structural design.
- Recognize and manage key design and operational interfaces between the major components of offshore facilities systems.
- Understand the role of structural engineers and their relationship with other disciplines.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to structural engineering
- Structural engineers’ roles and responsibilities & interconnection with other disciplines
- Codes and standards related to structural engineering
- Types & functional requirements of offshore structures
- Design requirements for offshore structures
- Offshore structures design considerations
- Design loads
- Principles for structural design
- Design for steel structures
- Design for concrete structures
- Design for corrosion protection
- Foundations design
- Cranes and crane support structures
- Helicopter facilities
- Individuals with a basic awareness or experience in offshore engineering and operations.
- Structural engineers
- Technical staff
- Project engineers
- Lead engineers
- Engineering specialists
- Operating staff
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8AM to 4.30PM)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8AM to 4.30PM)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N100,000
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session