This course describes the steps in performing LOPA and provides experience in its use. It also provides participants with the ability to conduct the LOPA study using the tools and methodology of LOPA.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the uses of LOPA
- Use the tools of LOPA for safety integrity level assessment.
- Understand the uses of LOPA and apply the methods to reduce the risk of a process.
- Properly estimate scenario risks and make effective decisions.
- Learn how to perform a LOPA study to evaluate the effectiveness of process safeguards.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Fundamentals of process safety
- Overview of LOPA
- Uses of LOPA
- Methodology and tools for LOPA
- Definition of scenario consequences
- Hazard scenarios selection
- Estimation of scenario risk
- Making risk decisions
- Severity estimation & targets
- Identifying initiating events & frequencies
- ALARP considerations
- Documentation and implementation
- Process safety personnel
- Control systems engineers
- Project engineers
- Production engineers
- Process control engineers
- Instrumentation engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8 am to 4.30 pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N 150,000
This course is not scheduled
Download course brochure