This course is designed to broaden ‘participants’ awareness and knowledge of the major functions that make up a modern HR department. The modules of this course are considered fundamental and include basic knowledge as well as latest trends and keys to effectiveness.
It covers real life HR issues and critical competency and knowledge-based topics including strategic planning, recruiting, compensation, benefits and employee relations.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- List the main functions in Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Defend the new roles of modern HRM
- Apply the functions of recruitment and selection and follow the main steps in attracting and hiring qualified candidates
- Describe the different steps in the training and development cycle
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of HRM in designing and implementing a performance management system.
- Demonstrate understanding of a complete compensation management system
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- HR administration and competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Performance management.
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Training & Development
- Competency modeling
- Compensation, benefits and total rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations
- Business & Human Resource Strategy
- Junior HR practitioners.
- Anyone involved with hiring or managing employees
- Administrative assistants.
- Those who want to enter the into the field of human resources.
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8am to 4.30pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8am to 4.30pm)
Course Level: Intermediate
Price (Including VAT): N100,000
This course is not scheduled