This specialized course is aimed at increasing the competency of civil/structural engineers in the preparation of documents and drawings encountered in the execution of EPC projects.
Participants will be guided systematically to specialize and master the production of the related deliverables during different stages of a project.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of civil/structural engineering
- Identify different documents and drawings delivered during different stages of EPC project.
- Possess the capacity to prepare different civil/structural documents and drawings required during conceptual studies, FEED and detailed engineering design.
- Become proficient in the preparation of civil/structural documents and drawings.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Introduction to civil/structural engineering
- Civil/structural engineers’ roles and responsibilities & interconnection with other disciplines
- Codes and standards related to civil/structural engineering
- Structural design basis
- Civil/structural details for different members
- Civil/structural design calculations
- Foundation type & analysis
- Foundation layout
- Equipment foundation drawings
- Framing systems analysis
- Building drawings & design: plans, elevations, sections, schedule etc
- Equipment support drawings
- Pipe rack drawings
- Retaining walls drawing
- Civil engineers
- Structural engineers
- Option 1: Evening on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Option 2: Weekends (2 Saturdays, 8am to 4.30pm)
- Option 3: Weekdays (2 days – 8am to 4.30pm)
Course Level: Advanced
Price (Including VAT): N100,000