This is an advanced process engineering course for engineers with some level of experience in process engineering or students that have taken advantage of the Process Engineering Training. Knowledge and experience obtained in the advanced process engineering training will enhance participants’ capacity in different process industries including exploration and production, petrochemicals, refining, consultancy etc.
The course is structured to enable students to gain a mastery of process engineering through proven coaching system, involvement in dummy projects and a wide range of sensitivity/case/parametric studies. A distinctive advantage of this course over others is that apart from the gathered learning experience, participants will be provided with end-of-training packages that will
include different process report templates, sizing calculation spreadsheets and other relevant tools that will make them effective and independent in handling any future design project.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Handle complex areas of process engineering drawings
- Size different pieces of equipment through the use of spreadsheets
- Understand report writing principles and techniques
- Understand safety analysis details
- Unravel and become acquainted with thorny process risk analysis/safety studies including HAZOP studies and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) classification.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Detailed analysis of engineering drawings
- Detailed equipment sizing
- Flare System Design, Safety Valve Selection Basis, and Sizing
- Process Optimization and Control
- Intricacies of Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) basics and methods
Please download detailed course brochure below and register for your desired session